Tuesday 21 March 2017

Original Nana - A Yearbook Blooper

Do you remember back in high school when we used to sign each other’s yearbooks? For the people we hung out with we founds something clever to say because we knew them. For the others it was something like, “Have a great summer.” And if it was our senior year and they were nice, they’d say something like “Stay the same.” (That used to annoy the heck out of me because even back then I knew that life was all about change, but this post isn’t about that).

I will admit to my weirdness. I don’t always flow in the same direction as others, and for the most part whatever is in my head comes out, especially when I’m writing. If I had gotten into writing novels back then I would’ve known I was a pantser.

For one yearbook entry I wish I’d been a planner.


“You must remember this, a kiss is still a kiss.” Why I wrote this in my friend Mary's yearbook will forever stump me. When she asked me why I wrote it, I shrugged my shoulders and told her I had no idea. We had never kissed. I'd never even thought of kissing her or any female for that matter (Chuck on the other hand was a different story).

Maybe the movie Casablanca came into my head or just the song did. Who knows?

Do you have any yearbook bloopers you'd like to share?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qp7aq6adr8

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. That's so funny. It's odd the things that stick in our minds after so many years.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.