Tuesday 24 October 2017

Is Plastic Surgery a Possibility?

I love makeover shows. Whether they're doing makeup, clothes, or plastic surgery I will watch until someone snatches the remote control away. I was watching Botched with my cousin and I asked her what she'd have done if she could. I won't share her answer, but I was surprised.




Me with my father
What would I have done you ask? My nose. It's a rather large honker. I am my father's child in so may ways. It seems he connected the intelligence gene with the nose one. My mother had this adorable nose and when I was growing up she'd tell me to pinch my nose to shape it. It wasn't the most maternal thing she could've done because it made me ultra aware of it. Yes I'm still a cute woman, but I wonder just how much cuter I'd be if my nose wasn't so wide. 


My beautiful mother
The thing about my nose is that although I don't find it as aesthetically pleasing as I should, it is perfect in every other way.
   1. I have absolutely no problems when it comes to breathing.
   2. I have a perfect sense of smell (um, relative to me).
   3. You can't see up my nose, so showing the world my boogers is not a problem.   
   4. I don't snore.

Most days my nose doesn't bother me because it suits my face. Big cheeks and full lips need a wide nose. Pert just wouldn't cut it. I'll admit that I don't like to get too close to the camera because my nose tends to say "honk me."  Which one of my cousins did once. I forgave him because his nose was even bigger than mine. Oh the laughs we had that day. 

Would I have plastic surgery done to make it smaller? I can honestly say I wouldn't because it is highly functional. I don't need to mess with something that's been working so well all these years. Besides as I mentioned before I watch those shows - the pain looks like it would be horrific- no thanks.

Next time we'll talk about liposuction. Ha ha ha. Just kidding.

Is there anything you would change about yourself?

6 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh. You do have a hunkable nose and it fits you perfectly. I've always thought society makes us too critical of ourselves. I would love to have a less round stomach, but since exercise will probably do it surgery will definitely not be an option

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The less traumatic way is probably the best way to go.

      Delete
  2. I always wanted a boob job (always been part of the ibtc), I'm definitely going to get it done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a moment to figure out ibtc - lol.

      Delete
  3. You are beautiful,even with that nose. That is all that matters love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. Kanādas tūristu vīza

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.